Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Starry Night Astronomy #1

Last night, I took a step outside and looked up at the sky. Beautiful, bright and huge moon in the sky. And, this is really quite odd to me that there was quite a few of stars up there as well. One of the stars was of peculiar size and extremely bright. I walked back inside and brought out my iPad mini. I have an app called Star Walk on it, and it really is an awesomely accurate app. Basically, you point the camera on your device, and it tells you exactly what star/planet that is. As a conclusion, if you live in the west, around January and February you should notice that big bright planet up there too. That planet is Venus.

And, friends, I will be posting as often as I can the Starry Night Astronomy articles.

Just a warning, I will probably not be posting for a day or two. I will definitely try, though. I have traveling recently and will try to find another computer to write on. Thanks for reading, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment